Lawrence Knorr is an amateur historian with deep roots in the Pennsylvania Dutch Region. Lawrence has had a long career in information technology. He is the co-owner of Sunbury Press, Inc. and in IT Management at Utz Quality Foods. He was previously an IT executive for Ahold USA, the Chief Information Officer for the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board, and founder and CEO of NorSoft, Inc. of Camp Hill, PA. He has been a Professor of Economics at Wilson College, Chambersburg, PA, teaching International Finance and Comparative Economic and Political Systems. He also taught Accounting, Macro/Micro Economics, Business Finance, Intro to Business, Marketing, Money & Banking, Intro to Management, Business Law and State and Local Government.He has also taught at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology (Project Management and Software Engineering), York College, and Penn State Mont Alto. Lawrence holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business/Economics (History Minor) from Wilson College (summa cum laude) and a Masters of Business Administration from Penn State (Beta Gamma Sigma). He is also a Certified Computer Professional, Certified Scrum Master, and Project Management Professional. Lawrence is a past President of the Mid Atlantic Book Publishers Association, and is currently a Board Member for the Pennsylvania German Society.
Lawrence lives with his wife Tammi and has two daughters a stepson and a stepdaughter.
Lawrence’s books include:
- The BANG Story: From the Basement to the Bright Lights (with Capital recording artists BANG)
- Keystone Tombstones Battle of Gettysburg (with Joe Farrell and Joe Farley)
- Wonder Boy – The Story of Carl Scheib: The Youngest Player in American League History
- A Pennsylvania Mennonite and the California Gold Rush
- The Relations of Milton Snavely Hershey
- The Relations of Dwight D. Eisenhower
- The Decendents of Hans Peter Knorr
- The Hackman Story (with Dorothy Elaine Grace)
- General John Fulton Reynolds – His Biography, Words & Relations (with Michael Riley and Diane Watson)
- The Relations of Isaac F Stiely – Minister of the Mahantongo Valley
- There is Something About Rough and Ready – A History of the Village at the Heart of the Mahantongo Valley (with Steve E Troutman, Elaine Moran, Cindy Baum, Christine Hipple & Jeanne Adams)
- Keystone Tombstones Civil War (with Joe Farrell and Joe Farley)
- Modern Realism According to Fritz – The Oil Paintings of Fritz VonderHeiden
- Keystone Tombstones Susquehanna Valley (with Joe Farrell and Joe Farley)
- Keystone Tombstones Philadelphia Region (with Joe Farrell and Joe Farley)
- Keystone Tombstones Anthracite Region (with Joe Farrell and Joe Farley)
He is currently working on Gettysburg Eddie: The Biography of Eddie Plank. He previously published a three volume set of his Knorr grandparents lineage entitled Seventy-One Years of Marriage: The Relations of George and Alice Knorr of Reading, Pennsylvania.
Lawrence has collaborated with fiction author Keith Rommel to write the self-help book How I Got Into Hollywood.
Knorr also provided the plot for Thomas Malafarina’s horror thriller Fallen Stones.
Lawrence is also an accomplished photographer, known as Lawrence von Knorr, collaborating on the books Hells Kitchen Flea Market and Wormleysburg: Jewel on the Susquehanna with his wife Tammi Knorr. As T. K. McCoy, Tammi featured Lawrence’s work in three books entitled Photo Impressionism in the Digital Age, Pennsylvania Through the Seasons and Images of Italy. Knorr’s work was also featured in Contemporary Photo Impressionists. He provided the photograph’s for Melanie Simm’s poetry compilation Remember the Sun. For more information about Lawrence’s award-winning artwork, please see www.vonknorrgallery.com